Whether or not you are reading this from your phone, we can all agree that your phone is always the go-to tool for entertainment, communication, and research. Have you ever thought about how much time you spend using your smartphone throughout the day?
For many people, it’s a substantial amount of their waking hours. Cellphones, smartphones and tablets all take up a great deal of our personal and professional lives.
Unfortunately for PPC advertisers, these devices haven’t yet been included in the official guidelines for PPC campaign optimization.
Do It Yourself
Google’s official stance on running mobile-friendly ads is that they are just as important as standard desktop PPC ads. The company wants to make sure their customers (the advertisers) receive the best experience possible, whether they use a mobile device or not.
To help them accomplish this goal, Google’s algorithms take into consideration many factors when determining the quality of a site and whether or not it’s appropriate for ads. For this reason, it is extremely important for you to optimize your PPC for mobile devices. If your PPC is multi-functional, then the probability for you to rank higher in Search Engine Results Pages is much more favorable.
Optimization is Key
When creating your PPC campaigns, make sure you optimize for all device types – desktops, smartphones and tablets:
- Your website must be responsive to all devices (and their various browsers), and not just desktops. It’s not enough to simply create a mobile site.
- Your ads must be “smart” and responsive, too. This means that your ad displays appropriately on all devices; the text is legible and fits within available space, but doesn’t appear cut off or awkwardly stretched across the page.
Besides these suggestions, it’s important to follow overall guidelines with your content. Here are some further ideas to optimize your website:
- Use a clear, simple call to action on every device. Avoid phrases with too many words or abbreviations that may be difficult for mobile users to understand.
- Try not to use auto generated text phrases as they look generic and spammy on mobile devices. Instead, create unique ads with specific landing pages for each keyword.
- Make sure your landing pages are designed to work on mobile devices, particularly for image and video ads. You don’t want a user to click through only to find that the content is not available or that it’s oriented in such a way as to make it difficult (or time consuming) to navigate on a mobile device.
- There are several tools available to help you create ads and landing pages that work well for all devices. Google has one called “AdMob” that is free, but there are other paid options as well.
The more time and effort you put into optimizing your PPC campaigns, the better chance you have of getting them approved and maintaining a high Quality Score, which will help you achieve lower CPCs.
Looking for Professional Help?
Ongoing optimization of your campaigns ensures greater results and better ROI for your business. This ongoing optimization includes mobile friendly webpages as well as constant, new, and informative content.
As a digital marketing and PPC agency in Houston, TX, Hite Digital Houston understands how time consuming this can be for your business. For this reason, we offer PPC services to our clients. Hite Digital is up to date with the ongoing changes and guidelines of google and other search engines so you don’t have to.
So, want to start seeing results?