In 2017, JC Hite was two months away from having his first child. He and his wife were making 6 figures at a company in Central America. But he wasn’t happy. Everything at this company was about money and how to get more of it. JC cared about people, and wanted to work somewhere that felt the same way. So he quit.
He and another coworker set up in his spare bedroom with a crazy dream. The next month, they hired three people. Two years later, Hite Digital has 36 people making over a million dollars in revenue, with a vision of empowering people to create a better life for themselves and for their families.
By 2024, our goal is to bring that number to 1,000 people. And that’s what it boils down to. Yes, we offer digital marketing services, and yes, profits matter, but at the end of the day, Hite Digital is about serving, growing, and empowering people, from our team to our partners and their clients. Digital marketing is what we do; empowering people is why we do it.
Our Three Pillars
Focus on Family
“Family” includes not only our team, but their children, spouses, and extended family as well. We support our team members and their family members however we can, whether emotionally, physically, or financially. We include family in many of our events, but we also want our office to be open to them as well. We strive to create a family-friendly environment where our children are welcome, safe, and happy. We offer school benefits to ensure our team’s families get the best education possible.
- Reaches out when someone is in need
- Genuinely cares for others’ wellbeing
- Offers help to others in both work and personal life
- Includes family in activities outside of work
- Offers support during times of crisis
- Develops and maintains a family-friendly work environment
As a company, we provide opportunities for growth through training, books, and other content. We schedule Friday Talks, where we invite influencers and entrepreneurs in the community to speak to our team. We also hire individuals who focus on our team’s mental and professional development. We encourage our team to develop goals, achieve them, and then strive for new ones.
As individuals, we use company resources to learn in and outside the office. We take advantage of what’s been offered to us, learn new skills, and then apply them to our daily tasks and lifestyle. We seek out new opportunities for self-development and individual learning.
- Proactively looks for training, books, or classes in their field, industry, or interests
- Is self-taught when necessary
- Puts training and resources offered by the company to good use
- Is hungry for knowledge and skills
- Constantly sets goals for themselves
- Organizes Friday Talks to inspire and develop team members
- Gives badges to recognize team members’ achievements
- Offers resources for both guided and self-guided learning
- Employs development professionals to focus on this value
- Sends team members to development and industry conferences and events
- Incentivizes growth versus production
As a team, we ensure processes and procedures are efficient and functional for the best possible results. We revise and approve all content and service to ensure the highest quality.
- Is punctual to work, meetings, and calls
- Completes tasks on time and even early
- Completes tasks without being reminded several times
- Keeps track of their own schedule and to-do list
- Thinks of new and better ways to do their job
- Is accountable for their actions
- Implements and maintains efficient processes and procedures, updating when necessary
- Provides the necessary technology for team members to work
- Maintains high standards